Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not Skipping A Beat....

This past week I had the pleasure of meeting up with a close friend of mine, coming all the way from across the seas...
We haven't seen each other in a while....Last time we met, was at my wedding, so clearly I was in no mental state to have anything coherent or intelligent to say at that time.....And so it was just briefly at the wedding, and I was quickly whisked off by Prince Charming to other lands after that......

There was a time when we would spend each day together....and then somehow life took over....
It just happened that, we were never in the same locality thereafter....
But the friendship still persisted.

I have very few close friends.....And with them, I truly feel like they are my sisters from other mothers.
This past week was awesome, and also very emotional.
We haven't seen each other for quite a while...........have not even spoken for months....but the moment I saw her, it was immediately just like we were back in our college days, living it up:-)
Without skipping a beat....conversation just flowed.....
The love and loyalty still intact.

I'm sure you can all relate to friends like that....
Where distance separates you...
Life overtakes you...
But yet and still.....they are always there.
We wonder why some friendships are so successful, while others fall to the wayside so easily....
And why with certain people, despite separation, you can always pick up the thread of conversation with such ease like you last spoke just the say before??

I truly value my girls....My Divas:-)
And through them I have learnt who I am, without them ever realizing it.
For the most part, other people find my close friendships strange.....For it seems that I may perhaps have nothing in common temperament-wise with these other ladies...........But we all have a monumental respect for each other as individuals, and I think this is a great driving force...
We are all different....
We are all unique....
Yet we celebrate our diversity and individuality, and learn from each other, and encourage each other to reach new heights.
Wouldn't we all just love it if more people around us had this same mind frame???:-)
It actually takes great strength of character to be someone of that nature.

So I had a fabulous time in the big city.....
Living my Sex and the City dream:-)
With my girl by my side.....
Where we could stuff our faces unbound with Red Velvet Cupcakes......
Sleep at crazy hours of the morning....
Walk till my feet hurt...
Spend ridiculous amounts on make-up without blinking....
Laugh and giggle like little girls hand in hand......
And experience a total ShoeGasm that would make Carrie Bradshaw proud any day!
This is a sincere thanks to all my divas:-)

7 comments:

  1. you are a lovely writer. MashaAllah
    Keep it up :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much:-) much appreicated.
    would you please let me know who you are though. lol. so that i know who i'm thanking:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I can't believe I didn't get to meet you my soniyo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-))) you sold yourself right there my darling. lolol.........but yes, cant believe i didnt get to meet you either! that was going to be one of my major highlights of this trip!
    but inshallah...next time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw i sooo feel you on that. real true friends who feel your heart are so precious............and am so blessed to have you as one of my fave five :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-))awww......the most UNlikely friendships huh??? hehehehe.....are THE BEST:-))))
    i'm very blessed to have friends like you in my life hun. few in number, but with a big impact. thank you for all the love and support, for it is indeed cherished. and may we be blessed to share our lives for many many years to come inshallah. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. for many many more years inshallah

    ReplyDelete