Friday, October 22, 2010

Laugh Out Loud

A few years ago, I saw this piece on TV about laughing clubs in India....and how these groups of people would congregate and just laugh away....Apparently it was meant to be a stress reliever...a way to live a healthier life.....or something.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, we would all want to be laughing everyday right??
But how do you just start laughing at nothing??? LOLLLL (at that thought:-))
Seems ridiculous doesn't it?......That's what I thought then......
I mean, even though my Grandfather came from there, sometimes Indians can be strange....hahahaha....That's what I thought and dismissed the notion altogether.
But do you know there are now laughing clubs of America?! hmmmmmm......!!

Today was one of those days..........No no...Don't be mistaken....One of THOSE days...
I woke up, and didn't want to be awake! Aaaarghh!
The sound of my better half singing away in joy that it was morning made me want to throttle him all the more.
I got to work, and bless that office, everyone is always out and about, so I really didn't have to interact with anyone. Phew! have avoided human contact.
As the afternoon dragged on, I just couldn't shake off this bad morning vibe that I awoke with, for some reason, but I really could not seem to tolerate people everywhere....And I was slowly just getting more wound up as the day dragged on.
Then......my Aunt called....and because she's such a sweet lady, God bless her, I didn't ignore her call, but instead answered it......We just started chatting about this and that and everything in between, and before I knew it, I was giggling, and smiling, and having this rambunctious laughter pop out of my mouth now and then...........
After half an hour, I got off the phone, and suddenly I just felt light.....in my spirit.
And I was thinking, is that all that I needed??
Some human contact? The very thing that I had been trying to avoid all day.......?? LOL.

Have you ever observed someone in the throes of laughter??:-)
Some having this booming infectious laughter............Others cover their mouths and it comes out in spurts...
Some people become totally inhibited......
Their heads get thrown backwards....
Wides mouth open....such that a dentist would envy the view!...
Some clap their hands in joy....
Others you better watch out, because legs and arms declare their own compass in every foreseeable direction:-)

But the one thing you do notice, is the glint in people's eyes...
They suddenly come alive...
Nervousness disappears.....
Ice gets broken and people start communicating......
And after a good laugh, it's like your satiety centre has been hit by a huge truck....
Your mind is clear....
You breathe better....
Your heart is pumping in happy gallops....
You just feel more relaxed.....don't you?
Feel so FREE!:-)

I think I have been taking the power of laughter for granted:-) And I should start paying more attention to advice from my mother's ancestors apparently. hahaha.......Even though half the time nowadays, I respond to a lot of things with LOL (laugh out loud), and when I do that, I really do either have a smile on my face, or have a chuckle at least....
Strange though, it might seem something so innocuous, but I think if you ask any woman what she wants in a partner, almost invariably we all say, someone with a sense of humour and who can make us laugh.........So laughter is important....
But why wait around for other people to provide the joy?.........Be a source of joy onto yourself, and unto others....Spread it  around:-)
So go on then..............Laugh Out Loud! It's good for you. LOLOLOLOLLLL:-)

2 comments:

  1. lolest!! i love this post. anybody else i'd go like 'that's so unreal'

    but you're such a joyful soul; i know this is true for you....you're a happy person! happy folk enjoy life for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.....why would it be so unreal from someone else Gracie??? lololol....
    i'm so glad you thik i'm a joyful soul:-) hahahaha....most people in the past thought i was very melancholic!:-)
    but its true...the power to be happy....its all in the mind, isnt it??:-)

    ReplyDelete