Saturday, October 30, 2010

Twinkling Toes.....

So I'm here sitting and admiring my feet.......
YUP, you read right.......hahahaha....MY FEET:-)

I think it's no surprise to anyone that I'm a really girly-girl:-) And I thoroughly love being one.
But some things I think transcend from the girly-girl, to every woman out there....

I still remember my very first Spa pedicure. WOW, it was HEAVEN.....I didn't want it to end, and the foot massage was beyond words......I felt like I was walking on clouds after that:-)
That quickly became a permanent fixture in my calender of things thereafter.
But then as is human habit, you quickly become accustomed to certain things, and when they are no longer available, it becomes one hell of a challenge.
Lack of a pedicure wouldn't kill anyone certainly......But it sure did dampen my spirits when I moved continents.
All of the things that had become ritualistic from me, were suddenly just not available...........like a rug just pulled out from under me....It was disorienting.
No waxing, No manicures, No facials, No eyebrow threading, No massages...........And no spa pedicures!
Sigh......
My little luxuries all taken away from me.
The spirit of Suburban Barbie was severely challenged.

I fought very hard to stop my feet from turning into ghastly hobbit-looking imitations.....To keep the cracks and roughness off the soles......To constantly keep the nails in check.......
I failed miserably.
I think the environment was just not conducive to my lifestyle. LOLLLL.

Many times I have spoken to other ladies about this....Some agree with me that it is indeed an ESSENTIAL service, while others don't think it's that serious....While a whole other group have never tried it and have never even given it a second thought...And it remains an alien concept altogether for them.
The second group I have no problems with, because they would occasionally indulge in such like activities....But the last group baffles me completely.
Sometimes I wish I could drag all the women who are in that group and pay for ALL of them to have the experience and then see.
Especially some of them when you look at their hands and feet!
Have you ever seen a woman dressed up to the nines....Got everything in check...hair, make-up, dress, purse....even some really pretty shoes on....Then you see the ghastly feet in them.....chapped, cracks....and you just want to concentrate on keeping your composure........
It just does not look nice ladies.
And believe me, it does not go unnoticed either!

I think many of us underplay grooming...............And then we wonder how the people we watch on TV or magazines, get to look the way they do......Well, certainly not from the lack of primping and priming trust me!

As a Muslim, especially, I consider all grooming services an absolute essential.
Taking from the example of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who was very attentive to his clothes, his body odour, that his hair was well combed, and that his breathe was always pleasant. The brother really took the time out to keep himself in tip-top shape. And in Islam we are frequently reminded about cleanliness and grooming, for ourselves, as well as being in this pleasing state for others around us, and especially our spouses.
So I'm pretty happy that my hubby thoroughly appreciates Suburban Barbie, and doesn't think I'm ridiculous for paying attention to all these things. And I am very grateful that he is not a caveman!...
I think ALL men though, would love their women to be that way.........Some women may argue contrary to this.......But seriously, go ahead and talk to some men...Not your spouse, but male relatives or friends you may have........You'll find out I'm not far from the truth......They may just not verbalise that to their wives for fear of hurting their feelings..........But that doesn't change the truth.

My husband thinks I should start an image consulting and grooming school for young ladies......Or perhaps, for an untapped population, Muslim women in particular.
That's still in contemplation in my head..................
Maybe one day.....

But I am wholly grateful to that star who trained me to be an absolute lady......To embrace myself....And to completely enjoy my femininity at all times....
My Mother.:-) The Queen Bee herself.
So I'll just sit here and continue smiling at my feet.....
That I have them back in the shape and condition worthy of a lady!:-))

6 comments:

  1. wow!Huwie.this I identify with.I love pedicures and having my nails looking all pretty and pink.I miss it coz I have to do it myself these days.go on writing my favourite blogger.cheers n keep well

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) thank babe.....i know this will resonate with most ladies.....yeah, i severly missed having my pedicures when i was in Saudi.....and i had to do everything myself...It just was not the same as having someone else pamper you and you just relax:-)
    I'm sure you can find somewhere where you are....Lots of filipinos have little places that are not so expensive. have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy being pampered and taking time out for myself. Massage, facials, mani and pedi...i could spend a day in the spa. I honestly do not see how any woman would not enjoy this experience. Most women i know want to do this, those who do not get to do it, its because of funds or busy lives. Its so necessary and one smart way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Tori:-)
    who wouldnt want to spend an afternoon that way!
    pure bliss.........
    but you would be surprised at how different people can be. and some women actually have NEVER even had a manicure or pedicure...and its not becuase they cant afford it, or dont have the time.....i think they just feel like it's not necessary.............that baffles me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry it seems to me that you lost your way SISTER. You come to the land of ISLAM and all you can think of is having your hands and feet done .Checking out another persons bathroom ..when they welcome you into their home..Desperate Housewives! Well i know them and they a far from that SISTER! You should have been looking for a place to learn more about ISLAM...Is this how you treat your fellow muslim sisters. Back bitting is haraaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous is a good thing youre anonymous..those words were kinda harsh..
    i think suburban barbie is right,we ought to groom our selves so that our husbands find fullfilment in their wives,
    im guessing you have dirty nails!

    ReplyDelete