Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Things that make you go Hmmmm.........


So I had my hmmmmmmm moment....
And my body has finally won and I lose.
I am actually tired.
Like physically and mentally exhausted.
Unable-to-function-at-maddening-speeds kinda exhaustion.




Why would that be a surprise one would think?
LOL. To my mind it is.

Because I am such a go go GO person all the time!
Which is my downfall.
I need to learn how to relax.
Take a break.


I finally caved in because I realized that I'm doing much of nothing for the past few days.
With much amusement, I had to acknowledge that what I am feeling is merely fatigue!
Gasp.
Could it be?
How ridiculous.
You mean I'm human after all.
Sometimes reality checks are the best. :-)

I have had a super crazy 5 months. With no break.
My career at the moment is like  a Formula One race track.
Thoroughly and completely enjoy it....................However.


And no break because my social calendar has been as mad as my professional one.
I feel truly blessed to have wonderful friends and family filling my life................But.

Three months ago, I joked about this with a colleague of mine.
And we drew up a plan.
I would finally be able to bum and relax in October.
O.C.T.O.B.E.R.
This was 3 months ago remember.
A month after our strategist meeting, I had to readjust the plan and realize a break would come in November.
So I paced myself.
It was either that.........Or I clone myself.........Which I gave serious thought to at some point!
I can do this, I told myself.
It's just like a marathon........(Please note that I have NEVER ran a marathon, so I'm one to speak!)

Today I was looking at my calendar and mentally psyching myself up.
Marathon remember??
You can do this Barbie......
All with a click of the heels and smile on the face at all times.
Oh I'm smiling alright.....which is a good thing.
But I am merely laughing at myself.

Sometimes we all at some point think we are superhuman......
Or maybe it's just Perfect Melancholics and Type A Personalities.....
I tend to fall into both groups at some point.
Back to thinking we are super human..........When we clearly are not.
Sometimes the lines between fantasy and reality get blurred.....
And yet I pride myself in being a realist................Humph!


I am so fortunate to have friends who understand I need a breather, and don't take it personal when I fall off the radar.......
Or cancel my dates with them.
Or take forever to respond to emails, text messages, voice mails.
I also feel very blessed to have people who care enough to pop in and check if all is well, and I've not been flattened by a boulder in the midst of it all........
And then promptly let me carry on with my maddening life. :-)


 But I do recognise that I need time to slow down....

Times to soak up the sun and enjoy the air.
Times to do nothing but play with my toes, and eat a chocolate bar.
Time to remember to book a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage. :-)
Time to hold my husband's hand and cook his favourite dish.
Time to laugh at nothing and everything.

After all, Measured Time Is All We Truly Have.




No comments:

Post a Comment