Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kicking Myself............


So remember this crazy moment when i decided to have a New Year's Resolution???
Yeah me neither........
Unfortunately with putting things in print, you cannot take it back.
Ask all the naysayer celebrities who would have loved to kick themselves in the foot after the fact......


One of the fundamental laws of medicine and research is, if it wasn't recorded, it didn't happen.

Clearly I'm terrible at taking my own advice.
Anyhow, so I had that resolution.......A few months ago.....
When i was clearly overcome by sheer insanity, or a moment of profound thought clarity.
I'm still trying to decide which it was.

So how the guarding my tongue part of things gone?
Has anyone noticed my sudden silence on all matters under the sun?
(Rhetorical question!)
I knew it was going to be hard.........but not THIS hard.
I'm older and wiser and what not, right?

I think I'm starting to accept that one of the ironies of life is that, when you decide something major, there will come your way 30 different situations out of the blue to challenge that very decision in all its forms.


I wrote a bunch of blogs in the past couple of months........

Ran wild actually with my thoughts.....
But boy! Weren't they dark.....and depressing!
I would read them later and think.....This is just perfect for some tragic stage play!
Not that I was depressed.....
Or that events were directly involving my life....
But I was bouncing off a lot of the energy that was surrounding me at the time from others.
So here now that I had suddenly decided to challenge myself with not talking ill, and working on controlling my speech, when there came a tsunami of WTF moments.......
It really is mind boggling! :-)
The challenge really was on.

So I kept my peace, bit my tongue.......And let the waves ride themselves out until they were tired.
Sunshine shall reign once again.
And I think to some measure, I'm surviving my challenge.


So now that 2012 is officially here...
How is your New Years Resolution going so far??? :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment